Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter! It's finally Spring!




In my house, you can always tell when the seasons change by what type of wreath I have on my door. Its taken me awhile to get a spring theme wreath on the door simply because I haven't found anything I liked. I've browsed through endless stores and flower bins looking for the perfect wreath or flowers and have found nothing I wanted, even the expensive stuff didn't get my mojo going. Saturday evening I went to Walmart and thought I would stop by the faux flower aisle to take a gander- and voila! to my very pleasant surprise, flowers that actually LOOKED like real quality flowers! Now I'm not diggin' on Walmart flowers but you gotta admit some of them look very florescent! For this type/size of wreath, you will need, 1 naked wreath, 6 large peony blossoms, 10-12 small-medium roses, 18 flower'd sprays, and leaves as flillers. I used 1 $3.00 bunch of White Peonies; 2 $0.94 bunches of peach/pink roses, and 4 $0.94 bunches of pink and white sprays. The total cost of this project was just $10.00! You will get a much better quality wreath if you make it yourself! To start the wreath, just center your largest blossom and then work out from there. I rotate from left to right.. So you center the first flower, add some leaves on the left, then add some leaves to the right, and then back and forth to get a balanced circle. Once you start and get a groove on, its very easy.

1 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

That turned out really pretty Patty! It looks great on your door!