Friday, March 21, 2008

A Groovy New Technique (at least for me!)


This card started out with inspiration from SCS member galleries. The card base is made using an 8.5 x 11 piece of white card stock that I cut into "standard" size. 4.25 x 11 inches- basically, cut in half length wise. I then scored the center and viola! you have a card. The orange sherbert cardstock is then cut to 4x5.25 and layer onto the card base. For the large image square, I used a new technique call'd "Faux Silk" which was taught as a Wednesday tutorial on SCS. To find great instructions to this technique visit SCS and then procedue to the "resources" tab. There is a list of tons of awesome techniques for you to tr. This card utalizes images from the Best Blossoms Stampin Up set. I stamped the blossoms in Groovy Guava and the leaf in Sage Shadow. (Its a conspiricy- I still think my groovy guava is "orange") Oh yeah, the blossoms and leaves are stamped on tissue paper- the gift kind not the AH-Choo! kind. I wrinkled up the tissue and glued it on a sheet of white cardstock and then cut to my needed size. I ran the image through my "Sew Cute" sewing maching to get the edge piercings. I finished the image by layering on Sage shadow-y looking green cardstock and added the white grosgrain ribbon. It was then adhear'd to the orange cardstock. The sentiment is stamped in Chocolate Chip on a simple scrap rectangle of Watercolor paper. I added a small scrap of green cardstock to highlight the sentiment and added the silver brad. I layerd the sentiment rectangle again on the card and viola! the card is finished. Very simple and quick. The technique adds texture and "fun-ness" to the card. Hope you give "faux silk" a try! The deets: Best Blossom stamp set, Sage Shadow, Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip inks all by Stampin Up! Ribbon and white cardstock from Walmart. Orange and green cardstock by Bazzil. Tissue from Dollar Tree.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a groovy technique for a groovy girl! :p

Jennie Skaggs said...

Hi...this is gorgeous. Love the colors and all the details. Jennie