Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Let me eat... CAKE!



If I could have a job making Wedding Invites and baking Cupcakes all day long, I would be in heaven! Any holiday, even President's day, is worth celebrating if you can have a cupcake! I made these cupcakes for work (I gotta bride people now and then... hehehe), and of course saved some for me. The secret to great cupcakes in a flash is... Betty Crocker Cake Mix! You can do just about anything with a vanilla mix. In honor of tomarrow's special day, and me slaving away in the restaurant kitchen, I baked Red Velvet Cupcakes. If you're in a pinch, here is my secret recipe.
  • 1 box Vanilla Cake Mix
  • LOTS of RED FOOD COLORING
  • 1 Package CHOCOLATE INSTANT PUDDING, sm box
  • and Cake mix package directions (usually 3 eggs, 1 1/4 c water, 1/3 c oil)
  • Tub-o-frosting ( I like the Whipped Butter Cream from BC)

Thats it! Instant success! Hope everyone has a fantastical valentine's day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i HEART cupcakes as well!! these red velvet heart-topped ones look "delish" (do you like how i managed to channel rachal ray ;o))

GiftsByHeidi said...

Hi Patty, Your cupcake looks delicious! I LOVE that butter cream frosting too. I love to just dip graham crackers into the frosting and eat it that way!