Sunday, July 6, 2008

Seriously. Cute.


The mother of all challenges. I finally found some free time on my hands- no work, no deadlines- and decided to jump in and join the Sunday challenge over on the Papercrafts Message Board. Today's challenge had the following critera- Colors (Purple, Orange, and Lime Green) and Embellishments (arrows and 3 brads). This was a toughy, all these colors reminded me of halloween and I didnt want to fall into the easy Halloween trap (it is July after all!). I've been wanting to play with this Seriously Sassy set that I acquired awhile ago. It was tough, but I overcame!!! The designer paper is from DCWV Fall Stack. (Thats my only give into Halloween!!!!) I've been on a plaid phase and totally dig this DP. I stamped "Seriously" in Elegant Eggplant on Whisper White and inked up the edges in Pumpkin Pie. I layered it on Elegant Eggplant, and distressed both layers with my Heidi Swapp (thanks Heidi!!!) Edge Distresser. The arrows are from a chipboard embellie pack by Basic Grey that I got a long, long, long time ago at Craft Warehouse. The orange CS is by Bazzill, but I'm not sure what the offical color name is- Sorry! The totally cool "CUTE" is made by Cloud 9 designs. I toned down the lime green color by inking the edges in more Pumpkin Pie. The ribbon is from May Arts. I hope ya' like it- cause I think its pretty darn cool. :)

0 comments: