Monday, May 5, 2008

I've Got that Bloggin' Feelin'.....

Patty's got her groove back. I've been workin' like a mad man trying to finish up on wedding invitations and completing lots of swaps. April about did me in. Let's not repeat that. I'm trying my best to restrict myself from signing up for too many swaps and getting into that *crazy* place again. And yes.. I was that person that everyone loathes- I was late on alot of swaps. I promise I will do my best on gettin it in on time again!!! I promise, I really do!!!

Here are a couple of cards that I completed recently...
I bought a whole bunch of Clear Cling stamps at JoAnn's when they were having a 50% of sale. This is one of Amy Smythe's sets. This card is for a PC Pro Swap- For the Birds, hosted by Alisa B. The birds were stamped on water color paper and carefully colored with watercolors. I prefer to use Whispers Dye Ink for stamping with my Clears because the SU Classic ink always beads up on me (and Staz-On is to hard to clean). I was going for Boho look with card, I'm not sure if it turned out that way though. Oh well, live and learn. The deets: White and Brown Cardstock from PaperZone, DP from My Mind's Eye (I think), scallop scissors from Dollar Tree, Watercolor paper from Canson, Black and Crimson Ink from Whispers, Watercolors created from Whispers Markers, Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink, Ribbon from SU!, Adhesive from Scotch ATG.

This card was created for PC Pro Sue's Flowers Card Swap. I wanted to use some new paper I found at Sam's Club, a giant paper stack from SunBurn Designs. The colors are so fun and bright- just in time for spring and summer!! I dug through my stash of cards and selected these red 5.5 x 5.5 Sq cards for my base. I then cut the pink floral base to 5.25 Sq. The green polka dot is 5.25 x 2.5. The yellow stripe is 1 x 5.25. I tied matching sheer ribbons around the paper bands and attached the tag to that. The deets: Card base is from DCWV, DP from Sunburn Designs, Sheer Ribbon from Craft Warehouse, White Cardstock from Walmart, Friendship Blooms stamp set from Stampin' Up!, Adhesives from Scotch ATG.
Thanks for looking today- and hangin' on when the days where s-l-o-w!
-Patty

1 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Glad you're back! Those cards are wonderful. I didn't get in either one of those swaps unfortunately.