Sunday, April 6, 2008

New Embossing Folders!





Let me just start out by tooting my own horn. *Toot-toot* I wanted so badly to experiment with my NEW Cuttlebug A2 Embossing folders, and this card series turned out real swell!!!! For these cards, I started with a colored cardstock base- make sure your CS is not White cored. I then inked up my folder with Stampin' Up's Classic inks before I layed down my circle cardstock. I experimented- I inked up both sides to see which one worked best for this design. All the cards are slightly different as far as the inking goes. On the Guava card, I inked the raised image, rather then inking the folder. All the cards are unqiuely differnt, and definately worth the time to fiqure this stuff out. The colors I used, in order of appearance are: Bashful Blue, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, and Groovy Guava. After all the inking was finished, I stamped "So Very" and "missed" in Walnut dye ink over the embossed image. In hindsight, I would have stamped the stentiment first and then embossed, but it still turned out okay. I've been challenging myself to dig out all my "cool" tools and use up my supplies. I used Fastenator Staple Bars to bracket the sentiment. On th Guava card, the metal corner is from Club Scrap (from a long, long time ago). The brass stars are also from Club Scrap. The ribbon was left over Christmas ribbon that I got at Michaels. Thanks for looking! {and lettin' me ramble}.

0 comments: